Coastal Modification Approval

This service is to obtain approval to bring changes to the coastal environment of an island or a resort. Modification of jetties or over-water structures, harbour construction, beach nourishment, coastal protection measures, access channel dredging, dredging and reclamation can be applied.

Responsible Entity: Ministry of Tourism

Sign in to apply for services.

After signing in, you can start with the form application selected.

Apply for Coastal Modification Approval

Before you Start

Please ensure that the following are completed before proceeding with your application.

  • Work Plan Approval 


All submissions should be made by the Head-Lessee, Sub-Lessee, or Assignee through delegation.

This service is applicable for:

  • Construction of jetties or overwater structures

  • Harbour construction 

  • Beach nourishment

  • Coastal protection measures

  • Dredging and reclamation

  • Access channel dredging 

  • Others (to be specified by applicant)

How to Apply

  • You can apply using an Efaas account.

  • Logging into your own account will direct you to the oneGov homepage.

Documents Required

  • Project brief (include location, activities, size, length etc. depending on the type of work planned)

  • Concept plan (A3 size, in PDF colour format and AutoCAD)

After you Apply

  • After successful submission, a notification will be sent to your email and phone. 

  • You can check the status of the request from the “My Applications” tab.

  • Once the application is processed, the coastal modification approval letter and stamped site plan/concept plan will be issued via email.

Estimated Time Frame

All duly completed applications will be processed within 14 days.


What should be done if there is an increase in the land area after coastal modification?

If there is an increase in the land area, it should be included in the Registered Land Area (RLA) of the facility. All developments would then be based on the Registered Land Area (RLA) which should be included in Land Survey Report.

Need more help?

Talk to an agent

If you have a problem and require assistance call 1500 right away, or schedule a call with a oneGov support agent.

Connect online
oneGov logo
Visit a Support Center

If you need face-to-face interaction visit any of our Support Centers for personalized support and assistance.