Home Based Food Producer

This service can be used by individuals or registered businesses engaged in home-based food production to officially register as a home-based food producer. Registration ensures regulatory compliance and enhances trust among customers. This service is also a prerequisite for applying for a home-based food producer logo.

Responsible Entity: Business Center Corporation

Sign in to apply for services.

After signing in, you can start with the form application selected.

Before You Start

  • Please ensure that the email address in oneGov ID is up-to-date.

  • If applying on behalf of a registered business, ensure that you connect the business profile to your oneGov ID and apply from the business profile.


  • Individuals who produce food products from their residences and sell them.

  • If registered, the business should be a Micro enterprise.

  • If not registered, the individual should have a monthly revenue below MVR 41,000.

How to Apply

  • Log into your eFaas account.

  • Logging into your own account will direct you to the oneGov homepage.

Documents Required

  • A photograph of the worksite.

  • Proof of residency (agreement or letter from the owner regarding the place of work).

  • Business profile sheet (if a registered business).

  • SME registration certificate (if registered as an SME).

After You Apply

  • After successful submission, a notification will be sent to your email and phone. 

  • You can check the status of the request from the “My Applications” tab.

  • Once the application is approved, the status will change to “Approved”.

  • Should the status of your application be changed to “Cancelled”, you will receive a notification along with the remarks via email and phone.

  • Once the application is processed, the registration certificate will be issued via email. 

Estimated Time Frame

All duly completed applications will be processed within 5 working days.


What types of food businesses are eligible for registration?

All food producers are eligible for registration.

Is there a registration fee?

Registration for your home-based food production business is completely free of charge.

What counts as proof of residence?

Proof of residence typically includes documents such as rental agreements, property ownership deeds, or a letter from the owner of the residence confirming your occupancy and address. Official government correspondence may also be accepted as proof of residence.

Need more help?

Talk to an agent

If you have a problem and require assistance call 1500 right away, or schedule a call with a oneGov support agent.

Connect online
oneGov logo
Visit a Support Center

If you need face-to-face interaction visit any of our Support Centers for personalized support and assistance.